How Your Cell Phone Can Help When Purchasing Cordless Tools
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Cordless Power Tools and other Tool topics.
What does my cell phone have to do with cordless power tools?
When you are purchasing cordless tools, it's a very good idea to use the same criteria you use in purchasing a cell phone.
- How does the tool fit into your hand?
- How long does it take to charge?
- Most importantly, how long will the battery last? If you buy a cordless drill, you want to be able to get as much battery life out of it as possible.
- What happens when the battery begins to run down? With a cell phone, you get service until the battery finally just conks out, but with a drill you may get reduced power, deceased torque, or other issues.
- Does your cordless tool also have a “corded” option in case you do run out of battery?
- Or will you be sidelined until the tool is charged again?
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.